4th Edition does not have a rule for Disarm, so here is a house rule based on one I found on-line and the 3.5 Pathfinder rules.
Disarming an enemy unwilling to part with their weapon in combat is a dicey proposition and very difficult to accomplish.
Unless you have Improved Disarm (see below), an attempt to disarm provokes an attack of opportunity from the person you are trying to disarm. If the opportunity attack is successful, the disarm attempt automatically fails.
A disarm attempt is Str/Dex – 10 versus Fort/Reflex, the highest value in each case.The following bonuses and penalties apply:
- +2 if the target is prone
- +2 if you have combat advantage on the target
- -4 if you are granting the target combat advantage
- +2 if the target is bloodied
- +2 if the target is grabbed by you
- -4 if you are unarmed
- -2 for each size category difference if the target is larger
If you are successful and unarmed, you can automatically grab the weapon.
If you succeed, the weapon lands in a square adjacent to the target (DM choice).
If you succeed by more than 5, you choose the square (must still be adjacent to the target).
If you succeed by more than 10, you can flip the weapon up to str/dex modifier squares away and you are granted combat advantage to the target until the end of your next turn.
An athletics or acrobatics check can be made by anyone in the target square to catch the weapon (DC 15).
If you fail, you grant combat advantage to the target and -2 on your next disarm attempt.
If you fail by 10 or more, you drop the weapon you used in your attempt to disarm.
You can automatically disarm a helpless/unconscious/dying creature with a standard action if you are adjacent or occupy the same square as the creature.
New Related Feats
Combat Maneuver TrainingYou are skilled in the non-standard combat maneuvers of Grapple, Disarm and Tripping
- Prerequisite: Int 13
- You receive a +1 power bonus on grapple, disarm and trip attacks
- You receive a +1 power bonus to defense against grapple, disarm and trip attacks
Improved DisarmYou are skilled at knocking weapons from a foe’s grasp.
- Prerequisite: Int 13, Combat Maneuver Training
- Benefit: You do not provoke an attack of opportunity when performing a disarm combat maneuver.
- In addition, you receive a +2 bonus on checks made to disarm a foe.
Worried about CMT being too powerful and/or obsoleting other feats. Need to compare to other feats in PHB. Thinking it should be defensive only.
Should weapon bonuses apply? I think they should.